Forum

For the most part the Forum is still to be implemented. Until we have the real thing in place we can used the comments here in lieu of an actual forum.

Click to Enter a Comment

Leave a Reply to Howie Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

282 thoughts on “Forum”

1. G’day Will,

Quick question on the water chemistry for the Sokujo-moto. Can’t find Morton Salt Sub so I have pure KCl to use instead but don’t know the percentage of KCl in the Morton product. Should I adjust the amount of pure KCl or just use a teaspoon?

Cheers.

1. Hey Steve,

KCl is 52% potassium while Morton salt substitute is just over 50.8%. For our purposes these two are just about the same. So you can use the same amount of either one that you have.

Thanks,
      Will

1. Thanks for your help so far Will, all seems to be coming along well now.

I’m up to the pressing stage and was considering the Honjozo addition but wondered if that would kill the yeast and prevent any secondary fermentation, or can I expect the yeast to survive? I plan to press just 12 hours after adding the alcohol.

Thanks again,
        Steve.

1. You are welcome.

Adding the alcohol will at least slow the yeast’s productivity if not kill them but that should not be a problem if you are planning to press shortly thereafter.

Thanks,
          Will

Leave a Reply to Howie Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.